Menu
Categories
Yankee Cannonball
March 28, 2011

\"\"This classic Schmeck out and back coaster is a wonderful ride.  The park has maintained this ride impeccably, keeping it in tip top shape.  The ride itself varies, as does any ride on a wooden coaster from year to year. The park realizes this and preserves it as well as any place can.  This coaster exemplifies early relocation and preservation efforts, and is perhaps the first coaster to be relocated anywhere.
ACE New England salutes Canobie Lake Park and its maintenance crew for maintaining and preserving this historic treasure.

Park Canobie Lake Park
Opened (1930-1935*) 1936
Closed
Designed by Herbert Paul Schmeck
Built by Frank F. Hoover (supervisor)
Type Wood, Sit Down, L Shaped out and back
Length, Drop, Speed 2000\’,  63\’ 6\”, 35 mph
Modifications each section was shortened 6\” when it was moved
Other 1954, Lift hill rebuilt because of Hurricane  Carol

* This coaster, Originally named \”Roller Coaster\” and operated at Lakewood Park, in Waterbury Connecticut for 5 years before being relocated to its current location.  To this day, you can still see some of the original footers at Lakewood Park.

*